In just a short time, you, my daughter, my darling firstborn, will go from an only child to a big sister. I have no doubt that you will take on this new role with the same spunk and joy that you show in every aspect of life. And although things are surely going to change and our family is growing, I hope you always know just how much you mean to us. You bring us more joy than you could ever imagine and we feel honored that God chose us to be your parents. I know you are too young to understand this right now, but I wanted to share with you a few things that we love about you. Of course this list is not all inclusive because there aren't enough pages in the world to list the ways we love you, but I hope it does give you an idea of what a bright light you are in our lives. You are so, so loved little girl and I pray that you never forget it!
1. I love the way you wrinkle your nose when you smile.
2. I love that you call marbles "narbles."
3. I love the way you twirl when you have on a pretty dress.
4. I love how particular you are about staying clean and how you have to wipe your face after each and every bite.
5. I love when you say "weehaw" for yeehaw.
6. I love how you love to help.
7. I love your sweet belly laugh.
8. I love your tender heart. You don't like for others to be sad or hurting.
9. I love hearing you sing at the top of your lungs. Your current favorite is Rudolph and Let it Go.
10. I love how happy you are when you wake up in the morning.
11. I love your zest for life. You get the biggest kick out of the smallest things.
12. I love your talkative nature. From the moment you wake up until the minute you are asleep, you are always talking.
13. I love your love of learning. You are constantly questioning everything around you and you soak it all in like a sponge.
14. I love seeing your excitement when you see your best friends.
15. I love when you tell me " I love you with all your heart."
16. I love how cuddly you can be. You love long hugs and snuggling in bed.
17. I love that you love to shop. You have become my little shopping buddy and always ask if we can go to one more store.
18. I love watching you play dress up. You tell me that you look like a princess and love to look at yourself in the mirror.
19. I love your imagination. You think of things that I didn't even know you had any awareness of. You blow me away every day.
20. I love how grateful you are. You always tell me thank you and when I make you meals you tell me, " Mommy, you're a good maker."
And with that, I'll stop even though I could go on and on and on. I hope by now you can tell that I love every little thing about you, sweet girl. You are a blessing and a gift and I can't wait to see you as a big sister. I know Adelyn will be just as blessed by you as we have been for the last two and a half years.