Later that morning, Jesse offered for Emerson to stay home with him while I went to the grocery store. (This is a huge blessing in itself, isn't it?)
I made a pit stop at Starbucks and headed to the store with a long list in hand. As I was driving I was going over all my little complaints I've had swirling in my head. Basically, I was whining to myself. During my little whine fest, a thought hit me. It was actually a comment on my post about gratitude and comparison last year and it has stuck with me ever since I wrote that post. My friend Lyndsey said that she reminds herself that God has given her everything that she has prayed for. As soon as that thought came to my mind, I started making a list of all of the things that I am thankful for and all of the blessings in my life. I think it's only fitting that I share them in The Blessing Box today! The more I thought about it, the more ridiculous it seemed to be in a grumpy mood at all. I am surely blessed and I find that when I choose to focus on my blessings instead of life's little complaints, I'm much happier! So here are my blessings for today:
1. I'm married to my best friend. He's a wonderful father, my soulmate, and the person I most love spending time with.
2. I'm a mommy to this sweet girl. How in the world can I not be absolutely thrilled with my life when this little angel constantly tells me things like "Mommy, I love you sooo much." and "You're my best friend ever!"
3. My sweet girl is going to have a baby SISTER! I am so excited for the bond that they will share and I want to cry happy tears just thinking about watching them grow up together. Emerson is already so in love with "baby Adewyn," I just can't wait for them to meet.
4. We have a safe, comfortable home that allows us to live well within our budget. It may not be my dream house (and I may long for our house in NC daily!) but it definitely more than meets our needs.
5. My health (and the health of my family). I am so thankful that I have remained healthy during this pregnancy and I have been able to continue to exercise and keep up with everything else. That is definitely not something to take for granted!
I know this is just the tip of the iceberg, but I'll stop here for now. I can assure you that there are no grumpy moods in this house today!