I’m loving all of the sweet, sweet comments about Emerson’s nursery reveal yesterday. You guys are the best! I was so nervous about posting it because I put tons of work into it and I love it so much but I was afraid everyone else might hate it. I honestly felt like it was the first day of school or something. I should have known I had nothing to worry about… I’ve had the biggest smile on my face as I’ve read each comment!
I’m loving that I just have a few days left in my twenties. I always thought I’d hate turning 30 but this has been the best year of my life and I know my thirties will be even better! How could I not look forward to it?
I’m loving how much my baby girl is growing and learning. Yesterday she reached her arms up for me for the very first time. Melt.my.heart! She’s also getting better at sitting on her own but only if she’s holding something in her hands. If not, she will will see the things around her and fall over because she wants them. She fell over about 2 seconds after I snapped this picture but we are definitely making progress.
I swear I fall more in love with her every day.
I’m loving that my 20 in 30 workout challenge is over. I only completed 15 workouts and a lot of them were just walks but at least it got me moving. I’m going to try do something similar in December but I haven’t decided what just yet. I still REALLY want to do a half-marathon but I just can’t get motivated to keep up with my runs. I found a really good training plan so maybe December will be the month of motivation…
I’m loving these Pinterest finds: (seriously- what did I do before Pinterest?)
And, of course, I’m loving my two favorite people. Jesse’s been working really long hours but he’s always right there doing anything and everything for our sweet girl as soon as he walks in the door. I don’t tell him enough just how grateful I am for him.
View from the crib side of the room:
My absolute favorite part of the room- the window seat:
This pillow looks red but it’s really more hot pink/fuchsia.
And finally, the closets.
These wardrobes are built in. They may not be the prettiest but they are great for organization.
The bins and baskets hold bath stuff, headbands and hats, toys and other miscellaneous items. I also use them to store extra diapers and some of the clothes that are E can’t fit into right now.
Well guys- that’s it. If you hate it please don’t tell me because I might just cry!
We weren’t really able to do this room on a budget because there is no such thing as bargain shopping here. Even Ikea is roughly 30 percent more expensive than it is in the States (though it’s still relatively inexpensive.) I lost track of the total cost a long time ago but here are the links to everything in the room for those that are interested. You will quickly see that Ikea was my best friend when it came to decorating this nursery. All of the fabric is from the Dena Designs Kumari Garden line. I ordered all of it from Fabric.com and was very impressed with their customer service. I also have to admit that I got most of the inspiration for the room from Pinterest. It really is the best thing ever invented!
- Paint- Ace Hardware Winter Storm
- Spray Paint- Krylon Short Cuts in Hot Pink
- Crib- purchased at local Toys R’ Us
- Crib sheet- DIY using this tutorial- Kumari Garden Tarika Blue
- Ruffled Cribskirt- DIY by Mimi- Kumari Garden Jeevan Pink
- Blue Rug- Ace Hardware
- Dresser- Ikea Hemnes 8 Drawer Dresser
- Shelf- Ikea Hemnes Bookcase
- Window Seat- Ikea Expedit shelf
- Chair- Ikea Extorp Jennylund
- Ottoman- Ikea Extorp Bromma Footstool
- Chevron Pillow- DIY with Chevron fabric
- Side Table- Ikea stool spraypainted hot pink
- Window Seat Cushion- DIY with Kumari Garden Tarika Blue
- Window Seat Flower Pillow- DIY using this tutorial
- Painted Sign- My Country Cottage Signs
- Lamp- Ikea Orgel Table Lamp recovered with Yellow Chevron
- Light Fixture- Ikea Maskros
- Changing Pad Cover- DIY using this tutorial with Kumari Garden Tarika Gem
- Window Coverings- DIY with Kumari Garden Sanjay Pink
- White Shelves- Ikea Ribba Picture Ledge
- Mirror- Ung Drill (spraypainted hot pink)
- All Frames- Ikea with Dena Designs Kumari Garden fabrics
- Small Table and Chairs- Ikea Kritter Children’s Table
- Chair Pads- DIY with Kumari Garden Tarika Gem
- Bookshelves- Ikea Bekvam Spice Rack spraypainted hot pink
- Closet Organizers- Babies R Us and Ikea
And since I’ve already overloaded you with pictures. Here’s one more for good measure:
She’s definitely a fan of her finished nursery!
- This weekend we went to our very first rugby game. I’m really not into sports so I was surprised at how much fun I had watching. Man those guys are rough. I know some of them still have to be hurting after the hits they took.
-My parents bought their plane tickets for their upcoming visit. Words cannot express how excited I am about this.
-We put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. We didn’t bring very many Christmas items with us so our décor is kind of sparse but it still feels Christmas-y. I am so, so excited about spending this Christmas with Emerson. Even though she is too young to really understand what is going on, it is still so fun. Only a few more days and I can start dressing her in her Christmas outfits!
-I am almost done with my Christmas shopping! Woohoo! Thank goodness for Amazon and one-click shopping. Now I just have to get going on our Christmas cards…
-We’ve had some really good mail days over the last few days. My Erin Condren life planner finally came in. Love it!
I also got my first Birchbox shipment. It was pretty good, too. I love the festive nail polish and the Kate Spade perfume smells really good. It’s pretty strong so I’m sure that tiny little tube will last me forever. I’m still on the fence as to whether the Birchbox is worth 10 bucks but I’ll give it a few more months..
-The best news of all is that Emerson’s nursery is FINALLY done. I was waiting on the crib skirt and it finally arrived yesterday! My mom sent it a month ago but the mail got really backed up. I’ve been dying for it to get here so that I can post pictures and it’s finally here! Check back tomorrow for the better late-than-never nursery reveal. I’m so excited!
-Emerson is feeling better but she still has a runny nose and a little bit of a cough. Fortunately it hasn’t affected her mood one bit!