I saw this on Life with the Edwards and thought it would be fun to play along.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I’m a terrible wrapper so I usually use gift bags. This year I wrapped everything though because I want Emerson to be able to open her presents.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. We’ve actually never had a real tree since we’ve been married.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? usually a few days after Christmas
5. Do you like eggnog? I always said I didn’t like it but I don’t think I had ever really tried it because I don’t like milk. I finally tried it for the first time a few years ago and it’s actually pretty good.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My mom always went out of her way to get us really thoughtful gifts but I think one of my very favorite gifts was a plastic briefcase full of teacher stuff and office supplies. I think I was about 8 or 9 and my absolute favorite thing to do was play school. I had my own little classroom set up in my room and my little briefcase had everything a teacher could ever need.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. We bought it last year in Africa. It’s made from banana leaves and I love it.
I really want to get Emerson the Little People Nativity set. It’s on our list for next year for sure.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Our parents. We never know what to get them.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Emerson. There are so many cute baby and toddler toys. I kept saying I was done but Amazon one-click made it a little too easy!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. And now that they have been sent out I can share them! Here’s number 2 of 4. I thought it was too cute and just had to have it. It wasn’t one of our main cards so I only sent out a few of these.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year Jesse gave me a Swiffer Wet Jet. I guess I really shouldn’t say it was a bad gift because I really wanted it and I was happy to get it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The original Frosty or Rudolph.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually at the end of November.
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of…
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love all the Christmas candy like fudge and chocolate covered pretzels.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White lights for sure.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night and I’ll Be Home for Christmas
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We’ve done both. If we weren’t so far away I’m sure we would travel home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Dancer, Prancer- that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a star that we usually put up there but this year we put a stuffed camel in honor of our current home.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually open our presents on Christmas Eve and do Santa and Stocking on Christmas morning but Jesse’s family opened one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning. We’re still trying to decide what we’re going to do with Emerson.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Going to Wal-Mart and dealing with the crazies. Thankfully we get to avoid all of the hustle and bustle here. On the flip side of that it can be very difficult to find certain things that you are used to having/cooking.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? My favorite ornaments are the ones that I have bought each year since we’ve been married. Our tree is decorated in red and white and has a Santa theme. I plan on changing it up when we get back to the States. I can’t wait to do something fun and different.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I already got it. She’s the very best present I have ever received!